“Samruk-Energу” JSC is committed to 17 SDGs, integrating principles of sustainable development into its activities. The company is aware that the environmental and social issues that each of the SDGs reflects are relevant and have an impact for any organization.
The Company’s sustainable development policy comprises the extensive application of sustainable development aspects through the introduction of best practices in the field of production, environmental initiatives, occupational safety and the social sphere to ensure sustainable economic growth in the regions where the Company operates, while maintaining an optimal balance between the interests of stakeholders and strategic Company objectives.
Sustainable development management
The Company, applying a risk-based approach in its operations, regularly analyzes its operations and risks in three aspects of sustainable development, and also seeks to prevent or reduce the negative impact of its operations on stakeholders.
A comprehensive risk assessment, is conducted regularly through the use of risk management tools and a systematic approach to sustainable development:
1) an assessment of current and future risks associated with the action of global factors of sustainable development;
2) forecasting of economic, social and demographic and environmental trends;
3) analysis of social, environmental and economic aspects of the Company’s current impact on the region where it operates;
4) development of actions aimed at managing the Company’s impact on the region where it operates, risk reduction and implementation of opportunities;
5) improvement of risk culture in general, analyzing the effectiveness of risk management actions, identifying opportunities associated with current and future risks.
Please use the following link to learn more about key trends and risks in the field of the Company’s sustainable development https://www.samruk-energy.kz/images/inter/1.pdf
The Company has committed to the following principles: